Monday, December 23, 2013

All Is Calm, All Is Bright...

This year I have five Christmas trees in my house. Most ever. Not sure how I ended up with 5 but it happened. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not really a "tree" person. I like all the other things that go along with Christmas but I just can't wrap my head around the idea of bringing a 7-foot evergreen, needle-dropping tree into your house. So I have four artificial trees this year, and one natural tree (a Balsom Fir) in the living-room. Not showing that one, although it's not too bad by our standards, Ha! But this little one is in my dining-room. It's about 20 years old and kinda crazy looking. This year I have it perched in a Ganong Hard Candies bucket and decorated with cookie cutters and red glass balls. 
And here's my mantel all decked out with fresh greenery. I love the way the pine branches droop over the edge. The picture above the mantel is a print by Trisha Romance called The Museum.    Maybe I will do a post about  this artist in  January. 
Have a wonderful Christmas. Hope you get to celebrate the holiday with family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely... I too can't imagine having a live tree in my home... it's been artificial all my life and I haven't missed a real one yet :) Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year I actually bought two artificial ones but after I got them home and set them up they just didn't seem right. Luckily real trees are easy to come by in Nova Scotia :). But it's always a laugh getting it set up! Even though my DH thought this year's model was the perfect height in the stand when he brought it in from the garage, he had to saw some off it. Yup, right in the middle of the LR floor, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.