Sunday, January 25, 2015

Our Cottage, Oops I Mean "Home"

Well here we are, all settled in our cozy cottage. I still call it "the cottage", it's hard to break old habits. Some days I wake up and cannot believe that we have sold our home and are living here permanently. But the weird thing is I don't miss our previous home. Nope, not one bit. Well that might be a stretch...I miss two things: the laundry room and the attached garage! But other than those amenities I am quite content here at our cottage. It is wonderful to see the Northumberland Strait and all the changes every day. Sometimes it looks like it's all ice from here to PEI and then a couple of hours later the ice has moved offshore and the water is this rich, navy blue colour. Yes, the view is fantastic! But inside it's a little cramped. It's getting better though. I never thought that I could throw out, give away, sell or pass along so many belongings. But i did! That's not to say we don't have anything in storage, but I think we did well considering we down-sized approximately 60%. Let me tell you it was crazy at the end but thank heavens the weather cooperated and we were able to move on our closing date of December 19th. But enough of all that. Happy 2015! Let the cottage renos begin!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth. That sure is a big change for you and to downsize 60%? That would be difficult to do. But, you do what you gotta do right? You can make it a very cozy home I'm sure. It must be a lovely spot with the view too. Take care. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult, but not impossible. We will have more space after we renovate but for now it is quite comfortable. Quite a blustery day outside, but we stayed cozy inside with our wood stove :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this cottage is darling. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.