Friday, May 03, 2013

Wash on Mondays, Iron on Tuesdays

                

Last summer I decorated the outside of my trailer with this vintage  ironing board, an idea I copied from my favourite glamping book, Sisters On The Fly. I think my dad had bought this wooden ironing board at an auction years ago. By the time I took possession, it had seen better days. I gave it a good scrubbing with some vinegar and water. Then, on a nice sunny day I applied two coats of Briwax. That stuff is amazing! It's almost like a stain and paste wax mixed together. (I believe it's made in England.) I let the Briwax cure in the sun for about an hour and then I buffed the board with a soft rag. Voila! 
PS. Apparently times were tough last summer. Looks like I only have one bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade cooling in my ice bucket. Actually, that ice bucket is a repurposed citronella patio candle. After the candle was finished I just sprayed the tin bucket with my favourite Krylon colour, Blue Ocean Breeze.
  This post makes me think of that old rhyme:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or do without.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    Just perusing your blog...I love this old rhyme! I've never heard of it before, but it so suits my lifestyle. May I use it?
    Thanks!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Not sure where I first heard it, probably from my mother. I wonder if it didn't originate in the Depression years?

      Delete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.