Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hubbards Beach


This photo was taken on our first outing last June to Hubbards, on Nova Scotia's south shore. It makes me smile every time I look at it. Notice how those other rigs almost dwarf Betty? Most of the campers at Hubbards Beach Campground are 'seasonals' and they only save a few spots for daily rentals. The main reason we went to Hubbards was to meet up with some friends, and take in a dance at the well-known Shore Club. All of our friends stayed in the cottages which are located near the beach. The weather was great, but we had to put up with some unruly young campers on the Saturday night. We are returning again this year to see one of my favourite bands of all time, Minglewood! But this year we have decided to leave Betty at home and stay in the cottages with our friends. We plan to tow Betty and camp in PEI sometime in July. It will be a shorter trip as we will take the ferry both ways. If you have never been to Prince Edward Island, land of Anne, you must visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.