Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cute (and Useful)

When I first became interested in vintage trailers, I was intrigued by the magazine racks that many vintage Shasta models have. So when I "toured" my trailer and noticed it also had a magazine rack, I was smitten! I'm not sure it is authentic. The previous owner was quite a DIYer so he may have just modeled mine after one he had seen on a Shasta. But that's ok, I still think it adds some vintage charm. Instead of the large "S" found on Shastas, mine sports a "G". I painted it Blue Ocean Breeze with Krylon spray paint. That little match holder sitting on the counter is painted that shade too.


                                             
                                                     

2 comments:

  1. Beth, my 64 Golden Falcon has a magazine rack with a falcon on it... Glendette's and Falcons were made by the same company... so, could be quite possible yours is an original :) Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think Trudy from GCC mentioned that she thought it was probably original too. I usually keep a couple of magazines in my rack as well as the book "A Camping Spree With Mr. McGee" :) I love that story :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.