Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pillow Talk

As you probably know by now, I am a pillow person! Oh yes, the more pillows the better. Even my blog header features pillows! They are so quick and easy to make. For the white, flowered ones I just cut up a vintage embroidered runner. I was able to make two from the same runner. The easiest cushion I made involved folding a regular bed pillow in half, wrapping it with gingham fabric, and securing the ends with elastics. It's a great bolster pillow and I use it to fill in the gap between the end of my couch/gaucho bed and the wall. It's hard to spot in this photo as it is tucked in behind the flowered pillow (underneath the curtain).


If you are wondering about those large pillow shams, they are from the Bonheur collection by Brunelli. First I bought the shams, then I decided the reversible quilt would be a nice addition. Another day I picked up the bolster! A comfy bed in a vintage trailer is the best place to curl up for an afternoon nap :)



2 comments:

  1. Oh My Stars! I luv your pillows! I have way more pillows than I need in both of my lil trailers... and wouldn't have it any other way! lol!
    I luv the sweetness pillows lend to a cozy sofa or chair or bed!
    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I need to get busy this spring and make a couple for my dinette seats. Thanks so much for checking out my blog! It's great to connect with someone else who loves vintage trailers :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.