Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teeny Tiny Trailer Tea Towel


One of the first things I made for my vintage trailer was this tea towel with a trailer motif.  I was inspired to make one after I read Sisters On The Fly by Irene Rawlings. I found a piece of striped fabric and cut out a trailer and window using a pattern that I free-handed. Then I used some "Stitch Witchery" to bond it to an old tea towel. I finished it off with a few running stitches to outline the window and door. A big red button serves as the tire. Lastly, I trimmed the towel with some ball fringe. I'd like to tell you it only took me  a few minutes, but that would be lying. I must be the slowest crafter because if my memory serves me correctly this took at least two hours to make :). Here's a close up:


2 comments:

Your comments are valued. I read every one of them. (In fact I often go back and reread them.) They really do make my day! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write to me.